Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Questions and an Interview with Ben



Today was awesome. This afternoon we did a few service projects splitting wood and cleaning yards, and a group went out canvasing. The great thing, from my perspective, was the field night. We had a time today where students could write down questions that they had about anything at all. There was a great range of goofy and serious. Everything from “What’s your favorite movie?” to “How do we know what books should be in the bible?” It was quite a night of thought and questions, and answers.

There were a few fun things from VBS today. Jonathan went on a crazy treasure-hunting adventure with one of the kids, Scot. He would draw treasure with the chalk and they would hunt for it together.

Josh Salmon said that, according to Audrey, he is still in jail until an elephant steps on him. Audrey also made it clear that Benjamin is not in jail.

An Interview with Benjamin:

What is your favorite thing about VBS this year?
All the kids remembered who I was. They started yelling my name on Monday morning. It made me feel SpEcIaL!

What do you most hope happens this week?
Regarding VBS and the kids? That they would come to know Jesus. That’s the whole main goal of the trip, right? For the teens: that they would get the questions they have, answered. For me, getting some of these kinds of questions answered was very critical to growing in my faith.

Who is your favorite VBS kid and why?
Cordell. He is protective of me and my shoulders. And he’s just awesome at everything regarding sports. Or, McKenzie is great too.

What’s your least-favorite thing about Riggins?
What? Why are you making me answer that question? Ummm…. The low sleep… actually no… that I’m sweating while I sleep just enough to where it’s uncomfortable.

Who is your favorite person in the Texas Team?
It’s between Jared, and Zach, and Stephen… and also Nathan. I’m focusing on guys. I don’t want to sound gay, but it’s just true. Oh and Jonathan. Basically all the guys are my favorite on this trip. Oh and all the girls too. I’m not choosing who is my favorite person on the trip! It’s all of them.

What has been most impactful for you in our studies?
The first night when we talked about the idea of life being meaningless, it addressed a lot of the things I’ve thought about myself and reaffirmed a lot of the conclusions I’ve come to.


Jared: I think for me, when someone throws out a caveat or a dissenting opinion, it makes for good discussion and good debate and it makes me think more deeply about the scriptures we’re reading.

1 comment: